Whether you are an older individual yourself, or the caregiver or loved one of an elderly person, you likely find yourself in need of reliable, trustworthy community resources on a regular basis. If you live in or around the North Andover, Massachusetts area we would like to help you find much needed services, advice, and support by providing the following community resources.
Emergency number are also important to have handy, particularly if you are a senior yourself, or are caring for one, as injury and/or illness tends to occur more frequently as we age.
- North Andover Department – Emergency #911 – Non-Emergency (978) 683-3168
- Essex County Sheriff’s Department – (978) 750-1900
- Poison Control– 1-800-222-1222
The older we get, the more frequent the hospital visits tend to be as the natural aging process takes over our physical bodies. Fortunately, there are a number of hospitals and specialty care centers in the North Andover, Massachusetts area, including:
- Lawrence General Hospital (978) 683-4000 offers routine medical care as well as emergency care.
- Lahey Hospital and Medical Center (978) 538-4000 offers routine medical care
- Addison Gilbert Hospital (978) 283-4000 offers routine medical care
At some point, you may find that you, or a loved one, needs more care than can be provided in a home setting. Once the decision has been made to pursue nursing home care, the difficult process of finding the right facility begins. The following nursing homes in the North Andover, Massachusetts area offer nursing home, transitional living, and/or long-term care:
- Edgewood Lifecare Community – (978) 494-6876 “offering independent living, health care and support services, which empowers members to be the architects of their own well-being.”
- Prescott House– (978) 685-8086 “features a Transitional Care Unit, a Homestead Alzheimer’s Unit and a traditional LongTerm Care Unit.”
- Sutton Hill Center – (978) 688-1212 “offers skilled Medical Management with attending physician oversight as well as intensive rehabilitation including Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies.”
Planning a funeral involves making a number of difficult decisions, often during a time when you are grieving the loss of a recently deceased friend or family member. If you find yourself needing to make funeral arrangements, however, it helps to know what options are available in your community. The following funeral homes serve the North Andover, Massachusetts community:
- Conte Funeral Home – (978) 681-5000 “We recognize each family has their own desires and ideas to create the best funeral service or memorial service that will meet their personal needs.”
- John Breen Memorial Funeral Home – (978) 682-8381 “committed to working with you to plan an unforgettable service to memorialize your loved one.”
- Burke-Magliozzi Funeral Home – (978) 475-5200 “ Our calling requires and places upon us distinct and lasting responsibilities to the families we are privileged to serve as well as our community.”
Assistance and Outreach
Additional resources for the elderly who find they need assistance, support, or simply a place to socialize with their peers in the North Andover, Massachusetts area include:
- Essex County Health Department (978) 852-0197 provides basic medical care
- Home Instead Senior Care – (978) 208-4826 home based alternative care for seniors
- Massachusetts Adult Protective Services Program — (800) 922-2275 receiving and investigating reports of elder abuse, and for providing needed protective services to abused elders when warranted.
- Elder Services of Merrimack Valley – (978) 683-7747 local aging programs that provide information and services on a range of assistance for older adults and those who care for them.
- Eldercare Locator — 800-677-1116 a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging connecting you to services for older adults and their families.
- Essex County Assistance Programs — offers contact information for assistance programs in the area.
- Massachusetts Health and Human Services – (800) 841-2900 to apply for Medicaid, Food Stamps, SSI
- U.S. Social Security Administration – apply for Social Security benefits
Contact Us for Elder Law Assistance
If you have additional questions about elder law legal matters contact the experienced New Hampshire elder law attorneys at DeBruyckere Law Offices by calling (603) 894-4141 or (978) 969-0331 to schedule an appointment.