Whether you are an older individual yourself, or the caregiver or loved one of an elderly person, you likely find yourself in need of reliable, trustworthy community resources on a regular basis. If you live in or around the Beverly, Massachusetts area we would like to help you find much needed services, advice, and support by providing the following community resources.
Emergency numbers are also important to have handy, particularly if you are a senior yourself, or are caring for one, as injury and/or illness tends to occur more frequently as we age.
- Beverly Police Department – Emergency #911 – Non-Emergency (978) 922-1212
- Essex County Sheriff’s Department – (978) 750-1900
- Poison Control – 1-800-222-1222
The older we get, the more frequent the hospital visits tend to be as the natural aging process takes over our physical bodies. Fortunately, there are a number of hospitals and specialty care centers in the Beverly, Massachusetts area, including:
- Beverly Hospital – (978) 922-3000 offers routine medical care as well as emergency care.
At some point, you may find that you, or a loved one, needs more care than can be provided in a home setting. Once the decision has been made to pursue nursing home care, the difficult process of finding the right facility begins. The following nursing homes in the Beverly, Massachusetts area offer nursing home, transitional living, and/or long-term care:
- Blueberry Hill Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center – (978) 927-2020 “offers long term skilled nursing, short term rehabilitation and pulmonary rehabilitation within a three-winged 132-room one level community.”
- Colonial Gardens Gracious Retirement Living (978) 712-0972 retirement living community with on-site management, home cooked meals, scheduled activities, and transportation for residents.
- Ledgewood Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center – (978) 921-1392 “ a unique provider of healthcare services. We are part of a continuum of services that includes acute care services at Beverly Hospital, subacute care at Ledgewood, and care after discharge through Lahey Health at Home.”
Planning a funeral involves making a number of difficult decisions, often during a time when you are grieving the loss of a recently deceased friend or family member. If you find yourself needing to make funeral arrangements, however, it helps to know what options are available in your community. The following funeral homes serve the Beverly, Massachusetts community:
- Campbell Funeral Home – (978) 922-1113 “As the oldest family-owned funeral home in Beverly and surrounding areas, Campbell Funeral Home provides you with over 250 years of service. Our tradition of quality, excellent service and ethical practices allows us to better serve our growing community, and offer convenience to the families we serve.”
- Grondon Funeral Home – (978) 922-0300 “we strive to offer wide ranges of products and services, and why we listen to your wishes and desires when arranging a funeral for your loved one. We know that greater satisfaction comes when you and your family chooses exactly the type of services you desire.”
Assistance and Outreach
Additional resources for the elderly who find they need assistance, support, or simply a place to socialize with their peers in the Beverly, Massachusetts area include:
- Essex County Health Department – (978) 852-0197 provides basic medical care
- Senior Care, Inc. (978) 281-1750 – elder services and information
- Home Instead Senior Care – (978) 208-4826 home based alternative care for seniors
- Beverly Council on Aging (978) 921-6017 – provides social services, transportation, education, health, recreation, and leisure time activities and resources for seniors
- Massachusetts Adult Protective Services Program – (800) 922-2275 receiving and investigating reports of elder abuse, and for providing needed protective services to abused elders when warranted.
- Elder Services of Merrimack Valley – (978) 683-7747 local aging programs that provide information and services on a range of assistance for older adults and those who care for them.
- Eldercare Locator – 800-677-1116 a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging connecting you to services for older adults and their families.
- Essex County Assistance Programs – offers contact information for assistance programs in the area.
- Massachusetts Health and Human Services – (800) 841-2900 to apply for Medicaid, Food Stamps, SSI
- U.S. Social Security Administration – apply for Social Security benefits
Contact DeBruyckere Law Offices for Your Elder Law Needs
If you have additional questions about elder law legal matters, contact the experienced Massachusetts elder law attorneys at DeBruyckere Law Offices by calling (978) 969-0331 to schedule an appointment.