We created these engagement standards to explain the way our firm works. We want to make the best use of our clients’ time and resources, focusing on providing top-quality services. Please take a look at what you can expect from us, and what we will expect from you in return.
- Hiring our office for the implementation of an Estate Plan should only be the first step in a long lasting relationship.Communication is critical to a long lasting and mutually beneficial relationship.
- A sound Estate Plan requires a time commitment from you as well as from us.
- We enjoy working with positive people who appreciate the true value of our services.
- We believe in a process driven approach that ensures we can efficiently provide you with a sensible and thoroughly reasoned Estate Plan.
- Most importantly, everyone should have the peace of mind that their loved ones will be protected in the event of death or incapacity. Our goal is to help people achieve this peace of mind.
How Our Firm Works and What You Can Expect From Us
- Our goal is not only to meet your expectations, but to exceed them. Developing life-long clients is our focus. Please let us know if we are not meeting your expectations at any time.
- We know that your time is valuable and important. We will always do our best to be on time for our scheduled appointments.
- Our clients consistently compliment our professional and courteous staff. We promise our clients the utmost respect, and we expect the same courtesy in return.
- We strive to get your questions answered quickly and correctly. When you call our office, you will first be directed to one our paralegals, who can often answer your question efficiently and fully. We respect your time and your need to know information quickly rather than waiting hours for an attorney to call back.
- Our firm understands that getting answers to questions and concerns is a vital part of feeling like a valued client, so we will always try to answer all calls and emails within 24 hours of your inquiry.
- We take our clients’ privacy very seriously, so you can trust that we will always keep your personal information strictly confidential.
- Because we routinely exceed our clients’ expectations, they love to refer friends and family members who might also benefit from our services. Once you have experienced our high level of client service, we look forward to treating your friends and family with the same professionalism.
- Once you are our client, we consider you to be a member of our extended law firm family. That means you can expect to hear from us as we continue to follow-up with you to ensure that your needs are always met. We will also send you periodic emails and newsletters, including information regarding changes in the law and invitations to seminars on a variety of estate planning topics.
How Our Clients Benefit Most From Our Firm and
What We Expect From You
- Our professional and supportive staff is always ready to help you with your questions and concerns. We ask that you are as respectful and courteous in dealing with our staff as they are with you.
- We value our time just as you value yours, so please arrive promptly for all scheduled appointments.
- In the event that clients need to reschedule an appointment, we are more than happy to accommodate those requests provided that we are given at least 24 hours’ notice. We ask that you not take cancellations lightly as our staff works hard to carefully prepare for each appointment, including the preparation and printing of date specific materials. Keeping client records up-to-date allows us to contact you when necessary. Please let us know your home address, email address or other contact information changes.
- Similarly, as your life circumstances change, please notify us. For example, if you have a child that marries, a new baby, a death in the family or a significant change in medical or financial circumstances, give us an update so that we can ensure your plan continues to accomplish what’s most important to you and your family.
- We strive to meet and exceed your expectations in every way. If we are ever missing the mark on meeting your needs, please let us know. We are always interested in your thoughts on our service. Our clients consistently refer family and friends to our firm when it becomes obvious that those they care about need to look after the same important matters they have addressed.
- If you are web savvy and feel comfortable posting your review online, we would love to see your feedback on our Facebook Fan Page, the attorney review website Avvo.com, our law firm “Google Places Page,” and other online ratings services. Please feel free to contact our staff at any time for assistance in providing feedback.
- We want to work with you without being interrupted, so in order to provide the best service to our scheduled clients, we do not accept walk-in appointments. We can never guarantee that any one specific staff member will be in a specific location on a given day unless they have an appointment. If you wish to meet with a member of our staff, either an attorney or a paralegal, please make an appointment at least 24 hours in advance. If you have an emergency, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- We find that communication by email, while sometimes convenient for quick messages or providing requested information, usually lacks the context and ability to efficiently clear up uncertainty like in-person or telephone communication. Therefore, any substantive questions you may have will not typically be answered by email and, instead, will require a conversation where we feel our helpful staff will better be able to address your questions or concerns. Additionally, we would like to warn you that confidentiality and the attorney/client privilege cannot be guaranteed with respect to communications sent and received by electronic messaging over the internet. Therefore, we strongly recommend that no documents containing social security numbers, dates of birth or full account numbers be transmitted to our office by email.
- To ensure that each of our clients receives the care and attention they deserve, each staff member in our office has an assigned role and area of expertise. When contacting our office, please advise our receptionist of the purpose of your call to ensure you are directed to the person best fit to timely address your questions or concerns.
- While we nonetheless always attempt to disclose all anticipated costs associated with your estate plan up front, we do not calculate and include the costs that third parties charge for services when quoting the price for our services. These costs typically include, but are not necessarily limited to, registry of deeds fees, legal fees for attorneys outside of Massachusetts and New Hampshire if out of state deed preparation is required, and time share ownership transfer fees. Please understand that these costs are common to all clients and are paid directly by the client to the party providing the services.
Our clients are members of our extended family, so we treat them like VIPs. We hope that you will feel that same level of dedication and professionalism from everyone on our staff. When you do, the highest compliment that you can provide is a referral to a family member or friend. We rely on you to help us grow and strengthen our practice.